A 3-row trailed carrot harvester with elevator that is equipped with extra long teethed belts (14.000 mm) that end in the haulm separation unit. Speed of the teethed belts is adjustable from tractor cabin and the tension off the belts is regulated by hydraulic cillinders. The 25° lifting angle and hydraulically driven torpedos ensure a perfect lifting of carrots. Automatic depth control by means of row sensing skids is fitted as standard.
The haulm separation unit has 6 topping knives and is fitted with special sealings in the bearing houses. The drive of the haulm separation unit is done by a hydraulic motor and a closed gearbox to guarantee minimum wearing of sprockets. Underneath the haulm separation unit, 3 independent hydraulic driven rollers are mounted to make sure that no carrots are passing the haulm separation unit.
The machine is standard equipment with a cylinder on the pole and steering wheels. This makes the machine easy to manoeuvre and adjustable to local circumstances. To reduce the number of stops needed for cleaning, reversing of lifting belts and haulm separation unit, is included.
The elevator mounted on the machine has a width of 1.200 mm to have a large capacity and to be able to reduce the speed of the belt so the cleats are not "throwing" carrots in a trailer. A spring keeps the belt of the elevator tensioned automatically, to prevent it from slipping.
The hedgehog unit is standard included, with an adjustable angle by cylinder.
Advantages of the machine:
- own hydraulic system
- belt and knives speeds are separately adjustable
- good maneuverability
- separate sieving web in front of elevator
- high capacity elevator with 3 folding points
- large elevator
- haulm separation unit driven by hydraulic motor and is unique in its kind
- perfect "grip" to product by means of teethed belts
- Automatic neutral position of the steering wheels.
- ADC (Automatic Depth Control), proportional sensors controllable from the cabin
- 4 Hydraulic driven rollers: 1 under each cutters set (to avoid loss of carrots) + 1 after the cutters (to avoid haulm accumulation on the frame of the cross conveyor)